the story of one girl living with four boys.

welcome and enjoy.

“Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.”
― Joseph Conrad

“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
Brigham Young

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”
― George Carlin

“Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.”
Friedrich Nietzche



Monday, February 6, 2012

Bake into their hearts.

Man oh man can these boys eat. It doesn't help that they work out so much with practices twice a day every day. This means they are constantly eating - literally. I'm not sure there is ever a time when at least one of them at home isn't eating something. I think of them as my garbage disposals. And let me tell you, all of them have a sweet tooth. Since I've been here I've made a total of three cakes, some brownies, and various types of cookies. The other day my friend Karla and I decided to make homemade chocolate chip cookies and stuff them with Oreos.
This was the result:


As the boys walked into the house (they had all gone on a run together, cute huh?), they instantly came into the kitchen and flashed their charming smiles. Dan said, "I want our house to smell like this forever," and Howie said, "Please tell me we can eat those." Of course the cookies were gone within the night. If ever I'm in a rut with them, or if I ever feel like I hadn't been the nicest person - I bake for them, and somehow find my way back into their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment