the story of one girl living with four boys.

welcome and enjoy.

“Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.”
― Joseph Conrad

“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
Brigham Young

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”
― George Carlin

“Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.”
Friedrich Nietzche



Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shopping

When you live with boys you have no one to give you advice on clothes or any other girly things. We have a Crew banquet coming up this weekend that marks the beginning of our season. It's a formal event with a dinner and all the alumni come. I always get really excited about it because it gives me an excuse that I never really have to dress up! All of the boys in my house will be wearing suits looking all handsome. Parents come in from all over (which is another thing I love) and we have a party afterwards. For the past two years I've worn a dress I already owned - I'm all about the re-wearing. But this year I decided it was about time for me to buy a new dress! I went shopping with my friend Laura one day on the weekend. We shopped for four hours. I bought nothing. It was miserable. I'm not a big fan of shopping in the first place, I know, quite un-ladylike. It drives my mother crazy. The point is the day was a huge letdown. The next day, in class I might add, I was looking online at this little store hoping to find something. I did!! The problem was they only had two dresses left, one of them in my size. Now, I can't go to the store by myself, I at least need one person to come with me!! It turns out that pretty much all of my girl friends were either in class or doing something. So I turned to the next best person, Howie. He agreed to come with me on the condition that he need not give me any advice. Needless to say, he gave me advice. And smiled and told me he liked the dress. He did all the things a girl friend would do and even zipped me up!

Here's Howie holding up the dress so I can send the pictures to my friends.
(real pictures will follow after Sat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment