the story of one girl living with four boys.

welcome and enjoy.

“Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consists principally in dealing with men.”
― Joseph Conrad

“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
Brigham Young

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”
― George Carlin

“Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.”
Friedrich Nietzche



Thursday, February 16, 2012

We are all kids at heart

There are times when Spencer and I get along. Most of the time we are bickering - but it's like a brother and sister constantly annoying the other. Anyway, Spence and I had this big finance test today. We stayed in last night to study and both woke up early to study some more. We pretty much figured we knew everything with an hour or so left before class. It just so happens that (for February) it was a wonderfully sunny day. It also just so happens that we have a pretty awesome back yard. There is a little tree house, a stone pathway, lots open grass, and a beautiful tree that is currently blossoming pretty pink flowers. So, I opened our back door, went outside, and started to play.




When I say play, I mean play. I climbed our tree, skipped from rock to rock, went in the tree house - it was great. I had been so stressed all week about the test I was going to take in an hour that it felt incredible to just enjoy myself. I went back inside (singing to my music that was playing) and asked Spence if he wanted to come play with me. He looked at me like I was crazy. He said he was busy. (When I looked at his computer he was on youtube). I told him he should sing and come outside with me because it would make him happy - but he said he didn't like singing and that it didn't make him happy. He told me that I was such a child. I told him he needed to have fun before our test and to not be silly, everyone likes singing! Finally with enough encouragement, (or perhaps to get me to stop bugging him) he came outside.

I got Spencer to climb our tree. Later on I heard him whistling a song. Then on our way to class, I even caught him singing. So you see, everyone does like singing - and if you just give them time to show it, everyone is a kid a heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment